Why Should I Cleanse?
The 8-week health coaching program I did with Diane Kazer has been a MASSIVE journey that I'm so excited to share with you all! It's an experience that starts with cleansing our schedule, our mind, and or course our body. One of the many elements of the program was following her Warrior Cleanse cookbook (a beautiful and informative e-book) with a bunch of super yummy, healthy recipes.
With the strong desire to continue this health-consicous path, I will be joining her quarterly cleanse which will include following the recipes in the Warrior Cleanse Cookbook, as well as the optional doTERRA Cleanse & Restore Kit. (To purchase: Select Enroll & Save, Wholesale, then Cleanse & Restore Enrollment Kit)
Check out Diane Kazer's super informative content on why we should be cleansing below!
TOP 5 REASONS PEOPLE CLEANSE
1. Weight Loss (A toxic body cannot lose weight. The liver is overtaxed and stores excess toxins in fat) …Many who do this 30 Day cleanse lose 10-15 pounds!
2. More Energy (and no crashes at 2pm) PLUS Kick ass sleep. Coffee adds MORE stress to your endocrine system and taxes your adrenals which worsens sex, stress and sleep hormones.
3. Hormone Balance (and Reversing Autoimmune Disease) The root of disease is toxicity!
4. Metabolism Boost & Toned Muscles - When people say "I want to turn my fat into muscle", this is impossible. What IS possible is burning fat and GAINING muscle which benefits you this way : Add 5 pounds of muscle, burn 250 EXTRA calories (mainly from fat) PER day!
5. Skin Restoration No amount of topical creams will clear your skin, as skin imbalances begin due to a toxic, overburdened liver and gastro-intestinal tract.
WHY YOU NEED TO CLEANSE
As part of requisite body functions of eating, breathing, and coming in contact with our environment through our skin, our bodies are exposed to numerous toxins and environmental challenges. One of the primary functions of vital organs is to act as protective filters. The largest organ of the body, the skin, acts as a defensive barrier and gate keeper. The lungs help filter the air we breathe of particulates and pollutants. The gastrointestinal tract from the stomach to the colon also performs significant cleansing and filtering of toxins entering our bodies through the food we eat. If toxins make it past these organs on the first line of defense, other organs such as the kidneys and liver perform additional filtering functions.
The body’s filtering and waste management system is quite capable of managing a certain amount of exposure to toxic influencers. But in a modern world of environmental pollutions and harmful chemicals found in prepared foods, beauty products, treated water, etc., the body’s filtering system can be significantly challenged. Healthy organs have the capacity to meet this challenge under normal conditions, but many sub-optimal health conditions can challenge the healthy functioning of the liver, kidneys, colon, lungs, and skin.
Supporting healthy cleansing and filtering functions of these organs begins by limiting exposure to environmental toxins we breathe or touch and by eliminating foods that have artificial chemicals or that have been treated with pesticides and other harmful chemicals. Hydrating frequently with clean water is also essential for healthy function of our cleansing organs. Additionally, supplementing our healthy diets with functional nutrients that provide targeted support for specific organs can support healthy cleansing and filtering functions of the body.*
What's included in the
About the writer:
Marisa loves hoop dancing, riding her bicycle, playing, hosting gatherings, practicing yoga, traveling, meeting people, eating, and savoring dark chocolate covered strawberries and coconut ice cream. She strives to be fully present, compassionate, and act and connect from a place of love.