What is a v-steam?
Vaginal steaming, also know as yoni steaming, is an ancient women's practice that helps to nurture the reproductive, circulatory, and nervous system. It is a practice of using a customized herbal blend which is placed underneath a steam stool with an opening. The gentle steam rises through the opening to make contact with the vulva and enters the vaginal canal and uterus, creating a relaxing, cleansing, and healing experience.
What are the benefits?
Since Western medicine has not dedicated any money or attention to vaginal steaming, many of the benefits listed are those of women who have experienced it first hand. Vaginal steaming will support the following:
- Reduce menstrual pains such as cramps, lower back pain, acne, bloating, moodiness, headaches, insomnia, food cravings, breast tenderness, leg pain, nausea, hot flashes, vomiting, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Address emotional symptoms such as anxiety, fatigue, irritability, depression and tension related to the menstrual cycle
- Improve fertility health
- Postpartum care
- Increase deep relaxation
- Helps with infections, fibroids, cysts
- Increase libido
- Improve digestion
- Supports lubrication for women experiencing dryness
- Regular, healthy menstrual cycles
What does a v-steam session look like?
- The client completes an intake form so that Marisa can gather information for the best herbs to bring balance to her client's needs.
- Marisa will make the customized herb tea, while continuing to learn more about your overall health habits.
- The woman is shown the gown and instructed how to wear it.
- Once the gown is on, Marisa places the tea under the stool and the woman sits comfortably on the towel-covered stool.
- Marisa checks in to make sure the heat is at a comfortable level and anoints the women with an essential oil (which is optional).
- After being guided with a brief meditation, the woman steams in privacy for 10-20 minutes, receiving an opportunity to connect with her breath, the steam, and her body.
- Vaginal steaming is especially effective before an abdominal massage. Many women love to book a 60 or 90 min massage which begins with relaxing Swedish massage, which then prepares the body for the abdominal massage.
When should a woman NOT steam?
- When menstruating
- When experiencing spontaneous bleeding
- When pregnant
- If trying to conceive, after ovulation
- If a woman has an arm implant as birth control
What is the value of these services?
1st steam: $75 for 45 minutes
Follow-up steam: $50
Follow-up steam: $50